Opportunities for Researchers
The multi-disciplinary expertise of ORI's investigators promotes dynamic collaborations and cutting edge science. Emerging research areas include genetics, opioid addiction, health economics, and Alzheimer's Disease.
- Investigators work in teams across research grants, creating a dynamic synergy that drives increased collaboration, transdisciplinary studies, and new research questions
- All researchers are free to pursue their own research with few administrative or bureaucratic barriers
- Early career investigators receive mentoring and opportunities to collaborate with prominent researchers
- ORI's rich behavioral health data-sets can be used to answer new research questions
- Scientist salaries are determined by a fair and objective system based on scientific accomplishments. Advancement can be rapid and is free from academic departmental hierarchy
- A central administrative staff provides responsive, professional, timely support so that investigators may focus entirely on their science.
- ORI investigators partner with colleagues at the University of Oregon, Oregon State University, and Oregon Health & Science University.
If you'd like to learn more about becoming a researcher at ORI please email us.
ORI investigators can also collaborate with colleagues at two related organizations whose work is complementary to ORI's: Influents Innovations and ORI Community & Evaluation Services (ORI-CES). These organizations provide multiple avenues for applied research, product development, program evaluation, and community-based services.
Influents Innovations (formerly Oregon Research Behavioral Intervention Strategies) is a for-profit company whose mission is to apply the behavioral sciences to the improvement of human well-being through the development and commercialization of evidence-based products and programs directed at health care and education.
ORI-CES is a non-profit organization that operates in close association and cooperation with ORI, dedicated to improving individual and community health and well-being through providing evaluation and intervention services to the public and private sectors.