Mission & Values
Oregon Research Institute is an independent behavioral sciences research center dedicated to understanding human behavior and improving the quality of human life through the prevention and treatment of health, educational, and social problems.
To foster physical and mental health and well-being, and a society based on equity and justice, we value:
• Improving the quality of people’s lives through sound scientific methods and socially relevant research.
• Independent pursuit of scientific excellence.
• A democratic governance system that supports employee participation, open communication, teamwork, and consensus decision making.
• Employee well-being, professional development, and a productive, enjoyable, and collegial work environment.
• Collaboration with diverse, vulnerable populations to identify and address their needs through our research.
• Promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism within ORI and in our broader community.
• A clean, healthy environment created through responsible use of resources.